Our free business insurance is provided through Hiscox. Hiscox are an established brand, with over 100 years of industry experience. The details of each aspect of the insurance are as follows.
Professional indemnity insurance - £2,000,000
Professional indemnity insurance can help protect your business if a client claims there’s a problem with the work you’ve done for them. It can cover your costs if you need to pay compensation to correct a mistake or settle a claim, and covers the cost of your legal defence.
Professional indemnity insurance can provide invaluable cover to businesses providing professional advice or services to clients which could be challenged.
What does Professional Indemnity Insurance include?
- Negligence or breach of duty: should you fail in a duty of care to your client, perhaps giving incorrect advice or making a mistake in your work
- Infringement of intellectual property rightslike copyright, trademarks or moral rights, for example if your business uses content from a website or publication without permission.
- Defamation: producing or supporting libel or slanderous statements about a person or organisation.
- Breach of Confidence: sharing confidential or sensitive client information without consent
- Court attendance: the costs to you of your directors or employees attending court in relation to a covered claim
- Advertising: mistakes such as inadvertently making a misstatement that you cannot substantiate
- Sub-contractors and outsourcers: work undertaken on your behalf is treated as if it was done by you – however, we will reserve the right to recover losses from your subcontractors or outsourcers
- Dishonesty of your partners, directors, employees, sub-contractors and outsourcers– claims made against you and your own direct financial losses
Public liability insurance – £5,000,000
Public liability insurance acts to protect businesses from claims made against them by clients or members of the public. Should your business activities result in accidental injury or property damage, the right level of liability insurance could prove essential.
Public liability insurance is available to businesses and self-employed professionals to protect against the cost of claims from third parties, such as compensation payouts and legal costs. Even if you know that your business is not responsible, legal defence may be costly and the financial recovery hard. Don’t wait for that day, get a quote for immediate cover against the liability risks you face.
Employer’s liability insurance - £10,000,000
Employers’ liability insurance protects your business if an employee brings a claim against you because they were injured or became ill as a result of the work they did for you. It covers the cost of defending your business, including any money you have to pay as compensation.
We’ll also cover the costs of defending you if the government or a regulatory body such as the Health and Safety Executive start criminal proceedings against you following the injury of an employee.
Most businesses with employees are required by law to hold employer’s liability insurance.A liability insurance policy should be taken out to protect anyone you employ, alongside your full-time team this includes:
- Part-time employees
- Freelancers or contractors employees working with you on a short-term basis
- Students and trainees